- IntCDC | Exzellenzcluster 2120 "Cluster of Excellence "Integrative Computational Design and Construction for Architecture"
Research Project 4: "Cyber-Physical Wood Fabrication Platform"
Research Project 12: "Computational Design for Fibre Composite Building Systems"
- SimTech | Cluster of excellence EXC 310 "Simulation technology" (SimTech)
Subproject 5-8: Visualisation of Flow and Fracture in Porous Media (2014-2017)
Subproject 6-6: Interactive Visual Analysis of Big Simulation Data (2013 - 2017)
Subproject 7-4: Tools and methods for supporting the development of ubiquitous end-user simulations that support collective interaction (2014-2017)
Subproject 7-9: Modelling human behaviour patterns for interactive systems through research in the large (2014-2017)
Subproject: Model-Based Visual Analysis of Large Spatiotemporal Data (2017-2018)
Subproject 5-4: Interactive visualisation of multi-scale, multi-physics simulation (2008-2011)
Subproject 8-7: Visualisation for integrated simulation systems (2008-2011)
Subproject 8-2: Coupled Simulation of Light and Sound Propagation in Complex (2009-2012)
- Graduate School GSC 262 "Advanced manufacturing engineering" (GSaME)
Subproject: Scalable Visual Analytics for Advanced Manufacturing (2012 - 2017)
Subproject: Visual Analytics for Industrial Engineering (2008-2012)
- SFB 716 "Dynamic simulation of systems with large particle numbers"
Subproject D3: Visualisation of systems with large numbers of particles (2007-2019)
Subproject D.4: Interactive visualisation of protein-solvent systems' dynamic and complex properties (2007-2019)
Subproject D5: Aggregation and multi-scale techniques (2009-2019)
Subproject Ö: Public relations (2011-2019)
- SFB Transregio 75 "Droplet Dynamics Under Extreme Ambient Conditions"
Subproject A1: Interactive Visualisation of Droplet Dynamic Processes (2010-2021)
- SFB 1244 "Adaptive skins and structures for the built environment of tomorrow"
Subproject B5: Visual analysis of adaptive and ultra-light structures
- SPP 1648 "Software for Exascale Computing"
Subproject: Exascale simulation of fluid-structure acoustics interactions
- SPP 1894 "Volunteered geographic information (VGI)"
Subproject: Visual analysis of volunteered geographic information for interactive situation modeling and real-time event assessment (VA4VGI 2) (2017 - 2022)
- Center for Reflected Text Analytics (CRETA) (2016-2020)
- Junior Professors Program of the Country Baden-Württemberg
Spatio-Angularly Smooth Light Field Representation, Recording and Rendering (2013-2015)
- Promotionskolleg Digital Media (2012-2015)
- Dhimmis and Muslims
Analysing multi-religious spaces in the medieval Muslim world (2018-2021)