- Scientific visualisation
- Information visualisation
- Visual analytics
All VISUS's departments contribute to the teaching efforts of the institute (in the bachelor and master programmes) in the field of computer science in visualisation, information visualisation and visual analytics.
Teaching at VIS
Teaching activities in C@MPUS
- SPP 1335: Scalable Visual Analytics
- SFB 716 - D5: Aggregation and Multiscale Techniques
- SimTech - 8-7: Visualisation for integrated simulation systems
- Astro: Photorealistic and interactive display of astronomic objects for digital planetariums
- Volume visualisation (for example medical neuro-imaging)
- Flow visualisation, vector field and tensor field visualisation
- Visualisation of astronomically and relativistically data and objects
- Visualisation in Special and General Relativity
Information Visualisation and Visual Analytics
- Visualisation of dynamic graphs and hierarchies
- Visualisation in bioinformatics
- Visual analysis of video streams
There is a close cooperation with the working groups of the Visualization Research Center (VISUS) and the other departments of VIS.
Daniel WeiskopfProf. Dr.
Managing Director VIS, Co-Director VISUS