We are looking for a doctoral (PhD) researcher in the field of visualization on a 100% TVL13 position (limited term). The position is funded by the DFG (the German Research Foundation) through the Collaborative Research Center “Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media – Flow, Transport and Deformation“.
What we offer
- Very well-equipped labs with direct supervision
- High scientific rigor
- An interdisciplinary team to work in with numerous collaboration opportunities
- Flexibility for own projects
- A professional workplace with state-of-the-art technologies to conduct research (e.g., graphics workstations, AR/VR hardware, Powerwall, lab space for empirical studies, eye tracking devices, 3D printing, motion tracking etc.)
- A structured doctoral qualification program. Part of CRC 1313 is an integrated research training group, where specific short courses, workshops and a summer school are organized to help the doctoral researchers in their training.
What you should offer
- A genuine interest in scientific advances
- Scientific integrity, confidence to question authority (as "science is the belief in the ignorance of experts"), and the ability to stand up for good science
- Active participation in center activities (give presentations at seminars, follow courses, assist in the organization)
- Excellent MSc degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: visualization, computer graphics, human-computer interaction, empirical studies, or machine learning
- Excellent programming skills for research prototyping, strong motivation, and teamwork ability
- You should be prepared to supervise B.Sc./M.Sc. students
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
Please submit your application (motivation letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of records, link to code examples (e.g., GitHub)) in one single PDF file and in an additional PDF file your master thesis (if not yet completed, recent report/paper/essay), via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject-line “[PhD-Position] Last name”. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.